Word of the Day: Justice
jus-tice / ˈjəstəs
- righteousness; the quality or state of being fair or unbiased
Better to have a handful of might than a sack of justice.
- the administration of punishment or reward as befits the situation, usually meted out by a judge
Everyone loves justice in the affairs of another.
- a judge
I decided that if I were going to make use of my role as a Supreme Court Justice, it would be to inspire people to realize that, first, I was just like them and second, if I could do it, so could they.
Sonia Sotomayor, 1954-
- the moral principle that governs correct action
Forgiveness is a pillar of justice.
- conformity to correct action
The more laws the less justice.
- the judgment of a person or persons
Justice is the result of public opinion.