Word of the Day: Magic
mag-ic / ˈma-jik
- of or relating to supernatural power
There is no magic wand that can resolve out problems.
Jose Eduardo Dos Santos, 1942-
- giving supernatural or enchanting feelings
If you pay close attention to each day, you will discover the magic moment.
Paulo Coelho, 1947-
- the use of certain means to exert supernatural force
Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it.
Roald Dahl, 1916-1990
- an enchanting feeling
Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic.
Nora Roberts, 1950-
- the art of creating illusions through sleight of hand
Magic is easy if you put your heart into it.
Michael Jackson, 1958-2009
- a great influence that seems to stem from supernatural powers
It’s not magic that takes us to another world – it’s storytelling.
Val McDermid, 1955-
- to bring about or affect by supernatural forces
The princess found herself being gently prodded and pushed and combed and magicked, and her hair felt weird.
from ‘Once Upon a Dream’ by Liz Braswell, 1950-