you / yo͞o
1. used to refer to any person in general; one
You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1803- 1882
2. used to refer to the person or people that the speaker is addressing
It only takes one person to change your life — you.
3. (archaic, dialectal) yourself, yourselves
Speak kindly or refrain you from talking.
1. something that resembles or is associated with the person being addressed
“You look beautiful by the way…but that dress isn’t you.”
www.fanfiction.net/s/10373638/1/Everything-is-Perfect-Now, accessed March 2, 2023
2. the basic character or disposition of the person being addressed
Make up your mind to leave the past and the old you behind. Focus on giving birth to a new you….the real you.
Les Brown, 1945 –